Wednesday 18 March 2009

Back in the saddle for 2009.

Made my first journey to work today on my bike in 2009... woohoo! - and it was fanstastic to be back in the saddle after 6 months of rain, long working days and overtime pizza. The days have become noticeably longer and the temperature is firmly over freezing so it was definitely time for my road bike to come out of hibernation. I'm participating in the Bergen - Voss bike race at the beginning of June so I need some time to train. 180km suddenly seems a VERY LONG WAY!

I was kindly dropped half way on my first morning for a gentle break in, the full 18 km cycle to work is enough to have me snoozing against the PC without a proper build up. I did however do the full journey back except for the final 1km over the Sotra Bridge and that was because it was dusk and I had no lights. It felt good!

I bought myself my Orbea Onix second hand last year from Spider Bikes in Moab, Utah whilst on a field trip with work. Made in Spain it has a carbon fiber molded frame with Campagnolo components... and it is red :-) It is my first road bike so I don't have much to compare it with apart from my trusty Dutch back peddle bike and it sure rides a dream compared to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment