Tuesday 3 November 2009

Review photoland_uk amazon market place seller

If you're only going to read the first lines of this post then the conclusion you need to take away with you is to avoid the seller photoland_uk on the amazon market place. If you need justification then read ahead.

I bought John an Olympus ยต camera for his birthday this year. I ordered the camera on the UK amazon website from the seller photoland_uk (Norway is one of the most expensive places on the earth). The seller had good ratings so I didn't hesitate to part with my money. I had the camera delivered to my Mums address in the UK a month before his birthday so I had time to get it to Norway.

John was made up - he had really wanted one of these bomb proof water proof cameras to use on outdoor trips or just raining days in Bergen. It wasn't till a month after his birthday that it got a really good testing on a 2 day kayak trip along the fjords. Unfortunately he complained that the camera had problmes accepting the memory card and also that the camera was slow to respond and had continuous battery low warnings despite being fully charged.

I promptly contacted the seller by email as they did not provide any contact phone number and I expained that we still wanted a camera but outlined the problems and suggested that it was probably faulty. I asked if they could return it to the manufacturer for testing?

No reply.

I tried again a week later, I copied the first mail with a note asking if they had missed it the first time.

Still no reply.

I contacted Amazon who told me that because it was over 60 days since I had bought the camera then Amazon were no longer liable to help (but they are up 60 days after purchase - something probably worth remembering).

A quick google search on the seller revealed a number of disgruntled buyers on external review sites with similar problems. Once you pass 60 days since purchase you are unable to post feedback on Amazon, thus photoland_uk can treat you how they like with no comeback. I wouldn't be suprised if photoland_uk are aware of this!

I have complained to Amazon about the seller and they have said they will be monitored by the seller performance team. I would have also liked for them to let me leave feedback on the sellers profile but as not, I have aired my views here instead.

Interestingly a camera store in the north of England with the same name but no association with the amazon seller is fed up with being contacted with complaints from these people.

DON'T BUY FROM PHOTOLAND_UK - and it is worth doing a google search on your seller before you buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment