Thursday 30 April 2009

Observations from my first evening back in Blighty..

It's been well over 6 months since I was last in England and I've flown home to spend a long weekend with my familly. I flew into Manchester airport and was picked up by my cousin Laura who took me for a very civilised evening in Manchester.... here is what first struck me after a long stint in Norway.

1. Someone said excuse me as they entered the perimeter of my 1 meter wide personal space zone.
2. Everyone was standing behind the line at the baggage carousel at the airport and only moved within it to collect a bag. Once I had collected my bag I strolled up this 'inside lane' to avoid weaving through the crowds and was met with some very stern and disappoving looks.
3. The traffic is very heavy and the cars are move fast even though we are inner cty.
4. People disobey the traffic laws with little concern.
5. Shops were still open past 8pm - don't people go home and spend time with their families?
6. Vegetarian dishes stand proudly under their own category on menus.
7. There are tea making facilities in hotel rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment